<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Canada's NDP leader Jack Layton argues caution in regulating P2P

What Layton says about Internet file sharing over P2P networks:

"I'm a holder of a copyright myself. But it's a book on homelessness and I don't mind if anyone wants to copy it," he says with a grin. "I'm still not so sure how (file sharing) impacts sales -- some studies even say it enhances them. I don't think the dust has settled on this yet. When I was at university there was a great fear that photocopying was going to destroy the publishing industry and that hasn't happened. It's sometimes best to muddle along, take things one step at a time and see what happens. Society can have a way of sorting things out."

LINK: Layton's comments on P2P sharing in Canada

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?